Listen to our podcast

27 October 2007

Cesis Outreach

  • Brenten is fully equipped for the outreach with a guitar, Bible, tracts, sandwich and the rest of the armor of God (especially the sheild of faith, belt of truth, sword of the Spirit and feet fitted with the readiness of the gospel of peace and the rest the armor of God, etc).



  • A tour guide I talked with in Latvian, English and Russian. She was really friendly and the most open person I met. Many people here think that they are Christians because they were baptised as a baby, they don't think anything else is necessary. I was able to share how we are saved by faith in Christ and our faith should be based on God's word not traditions. Believing in God means more than just thinking He exists, but actually trusting His word as the truth and building our life upon it. I gave her a tract and our family prayer card and encouraged her to read the Bible to see if what I said was true.


  • I also had the opportunity to climb to the top of the bell tower of an 800 year old Cathedral. However instead of chiming the bells every 15 minutes, there was a speaker system that played a recording of a bell.



  • After this trip, I am really glad that I stepped out in faith and obedience. I think God is teaching me not to try to repeat my past experiences but to let Him lead in new and unique ways. I learned that God can use me even if I don't have a translator or another evangelist with me. One time Jesus sent his disciples out 2 by 2 and that is a good principle, but if no one else can be found, God can use just one man who will go in His name. I was not alone - He was with me. And I will trust Him to be with me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! First they will be sent to our email, then we will publish them if appropriate. Thanks!