Listen to our podcast

04 October 2008

Time to pray

Here are our new prayer request for October. Check the comments below for answers to prayer or to let us know you are praying.
  1. Please pray for our church planting mission in Latvia as we have moved our Bible studies from Ikskile to our home in Ogre.
  2. Praise God for the young people who are committed to studying through the Bible with us (Acts on Wednesdays, Mark on Sundays. After the holidays, we will begin an Old Testament overview).
  3. Pray for these young people in our home fellowship: that Inese would give her life to Christ, that Agnese and Ieva grow in ministry as translators, Janis (John) and Marta would grow in faith as a married couple.
  4. Pray for Lena, that God would powerfully use her at our home fellowship meetings.
  5. Pray for our health, that God would heal Brenten, Caleb and Lily of this lingering cold and cough.

1 comment:

  1. An update on the prayer requests from last month (September):
    1. I layed out the vision for Calvary in Latvia to 3 people on Sept 14th. They responded possitively, however they all are from Ogre (I have been giving them a ride to Ikskile because they like the teaching) but those who live in Ikskile did not even want to come to hear the vision before rejecting it, obviously we are not on the same page and cannot form a church there. God bless them but God is leading us in a different direction, and since I don't see any real fruit in evangelizing in Ikskile, I believe it's time to shake the dust off my feet, unfortunately.
    2. Caleb has made friends and learned some latvian words at kindergarden but now that he is sick he has to stay home 7 days.
    3. Our departure from the Russian Baptist church was graceful, I am sad to leave them without a guitarist but that is not my main calling. They gave me flowers, a watch and thanked me for leading worship. I encouraged them to remember what I taught them through Romans, James, 2 John, 3 John and Jude. Also I couldn't continue teaching verse by verse there one influential woman there said it was milk and wanted less doctrine and more unity. The lesson I learned: You can't put a new patch on an old garment, old wineskins can't contain new wine.
    5. We are still praying for more laborers that depend on the Holy Spirit and follow the Word. It's hard to find that combination of like minded believers. Someone suggested I look at CC Bible College in Hungary. Maybe. There is a new Calvary family in Riga that we are in contact with but they are still working on getting residence permits. But we're probably going to pray and fellowship with them soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! First they will be sent to our email, then we will publish them if appropriate. Thanks!