Listen to our podcast

05 August 2006

Seeds sown in Lithuania


The trip to Lithuania was fruitful, I think. So far I thing the important things the Lord wanted to do were the following:
1. Oksana was encouraged by the Christian fellowship and with the Bible Study from Ephesians about who we are now in Christ in contrast when we were like the rest of the world.
Eph 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
2. Her father drove us to the Hill of Crosses after dinner and I was able to preach/share the reason why Jesus died on the cross. He was listened and took time to process it. 1Cr 1:18 "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."
3. Oksana's mother and I talked about the tension between Russian speakers and Lithuanian speakers. I was able to share about the example of Christ in humbling himself to relate to us and how following Him helps us in intercultural relationships. Phl 2:5 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus"
------
Hopefully I was a good example to them and the seeds of God's word that were sown will grow as they are processed in the hearts my friends in Lithuania. I believe there souls are important to the Lord and he brought me there to minister to them. Praise the Lord that I was able to speak almost completely in Russian while with Oksana's parents. She only needed to translate a few words and phrases.
On a more humbling note, I know that I stood out like a sore thumb as Oksana showed me around her city, people were staring at me because I was speaking English with Oksana, taking pictures in the interesting market place and I just plain look different.
------
Check out my Lithuania photo album at http://community.webshots.com/album/552858678GLIBbo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! First they will be sent to our email, then we will publish them if appropriate. Thanks!