Listen to our podcast

28 January 2008

A Happy Birthday



Today is my 31st Birthday and it was a very happy one. First thing in the morning, FedEx delivered a package with pictures and DVD of friends from back home. I was happy to see their(your) happy faces again. In the middle of the day, the kids and I enjoyed the Zoo in Riga while Lena prepared the food for our evening party. Tonight we had 17 people over, all believers from five different churches in Ogre whom I am acquainted with. After dinner, I shared my testimony of repentance and how the Lord has changed my life so that He is the center and reason I live rather than myself. Then I sang "Create in me a clean heart O God" and encouraged everyone to be faithful to the Lord. I tried to share this quote (below) but I forgot exactly how it want, so I googled it and here it is for you my blog readers:
"Give me the love that leads the way, The faith that nothing can dismay, The hope no disappointments tire, The passion that will burn like fire, Let me not sink to be a clod: Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God." - Amy Carmichael
So after an active day, I am tired but in a good way, not burnt out but consumed with zeal for the Lord and blessed to pour out to my family and friends the love He pours out in my heart by the Holy Spirit. I am thankful for the abundant and eternal life Jesus has given me. I love my friends and family back in California - it is a sacrifice to be so far away, but Jesus if faithful to grant new friends and spiritual family members in this life and for eternity, so it's worth it.
Mark 10:28-30 Peter began to say to Him, "Behold, we have left everything and followed You." 29 Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, 30 but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life.
I do want to point out, though, that our sacrifice is not worthy of comparing with the glory that shall be revealed, especially since "we have left everything" does NOT mean we can NOT keep in touch with far-away friends via the Internet (Skype, Google talk, facebook, blogger, calvary.com etc. HINT HINT, KEEP IN TOUCH) Only in our generation could missionaries get instant messages from the other side of the world for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! First they will be sent to our email, then we will publish them if appropriate. Thanks!