Listen to our podcast

21 January 2008

Last week's teaching opportunities

Last week I had the privilege to teach seven times with different groups and in different languages.

  1. Saturday January 12 was the last time teaching at our Saturday Bible School. God was revealing it was time for me to back out of that weekly commitment (as the kids themselves lost interest gradually since it's inception after VBS) But there were a few kids that came to this last time so I shared my heart for them to continue abiding in Christ (John 15) and be plugged into to a church (Acts 2:42) along with their parents.
  2. Sunday morning, I taught Romans 8:16-30 about our future glory. It is clear from this passage that the gospel promises us total deliverance from sin, suffering and sorrow but not all in this life like the false health/wealth preachers here say. God gave me much grace to proclaim these truths in Russian and it was well received.
  3. Sunday night, I taught our small group that meets in our home about some of the ministries of the Holy Spirit.
  4. Tuesday I started incorporating a Bible study into our English Club outreach (many people were already Christians) so we looked at Genesis 1:1 and following about the days of creation.
  5. Wednesday I taught our Latvian group in Ikskile from Acts 1:9-26 as you can see from my other posts and hear above.
  6. Thursday at our Russian Bible study in Ogre, I lead a discussion about Acts 1:9-26.
  7. Friday, I was invited to Trinity Baptist church by the youth pastor there (Dainis). I taught about seeking God and asking Him to search our hearts (Psalm 139:23-24)
It is a good thing to teach God's word but I understand it is a great responsibility and one I don't take lightly. Pray for me as I teach that I would be faithful to God and stay humble and gracious.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment! First they will be sent to our email, then we will publish them if appropriate. Thanks!