Listen to our podcast

23 June 2008

At Camp in Malpils

Hey everyone,
I've been busy getting ready for this youth camp, and now I am here in Malpils where the camp has just begun. I am leading worship in Latvian and English on guitar with 2 other singers. Please pray for the teens who have come, that they may recieve the word of God this week. This is the 4th year of that this camp has taken place, put on by Trinity baptist church of Ogre and a Presbyterian church from Virginia. It lasts until Friday but hopefully there will be lasting fruit. Most of these teens come from troubled backgrounds, broken homes and have addictions to cigarettes and other unhealthy lifestyles, but this week is a chance for them to find hope, life, peace, love, truth in Christ. The theme is "How to get from Latvia to Heaven"and the theme song for the week is "Thy word is a lamp unto me feet and Light unto my path". Stay tuned to this blog for pictures and a link to the visiting teamš blog. I gotta go now, and get ready for the next event, "Bible village orientation" which involves each team visiting different stations where they will learn something about the places in the Bible. Todays specific message is that the Bible is Godš Word. Thank you for praying for the youth of Latvia and for me as I am away from my wife and kids to serve. By the way, a handful of the kids are ones that came to our VBS last year and professed faith in Christ, so it will be good opportunity to encourage and build them up again.

1 comment:

  1. We will keep you in prayer this week! The camp and focus sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! First they will be sent to our email, then we will publish them if appropriate. Thanks!